Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ohiopyle camping and white water trip!

Tanya planned a trip to ohiopyle, pa with phil, her aunt and husband and me. I've been so busy that it's been hard to be excited about it just because I feel like I have too much to do. It made it hard to relax at times, but I needed the break.

We met an awesome couple who was on our raft for our white water trip. It was a great day! We lost one woman in some rough rapids, but we were the only boat that got our person right back in the boat. We were all military, so we bonded quickly. It's funny how that is. We're all a big family. It's just what I wanted when I joined!

I'm glad I got up there since I didn't get home to go camping. Plus, here you camp and it's not 100 degrees! We get cold at night and the campfire is perfect. Good company, good smores, good food...good weekend.

In less than two weeks I'll be in jacksonville for labor day!

I'm dreading going back to work. I'm done with bethesda...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We were all military, so we bonded quickly. It's funny how that is. We're all a big family."

So I'm back at college again. Several people in my class are former military. Met one guy who is in two of my classes who was in Iraq at the same time as I was. Already planning wall-ball sessions, etc. The military family is large, but the veteran family is even bigger. After you do your 20 (or 30... have a feeling you'll get to Admiral...), there's an even larger family waiting for you :)