-Christy and I booked our cruise for April!
Port Canaveral, Florida
I've never been on a cruise and neither has my sis, so we're thrilled. A week away from everything! Not only that....everything is brought to US! They even have a rock climbing wall on the ship. It's perfect for someone so stir crazy. I'll get spoiled though and wish that the navy's ships had rock climbing walls. :)
-Meeting more friends here in Jax.
Last night we had the nurses holiday party and I met a few other J.O.'s and I'm really excited about that! The thing that makes me pleased with myself is that when I moved to DC and wanted to meet people I just felt more alone and depressed. Now that I've been on my own a while, alone time is great and I just tell myself to calm down and relax, because friends will come. I just gotta take the time to get out in different avenues in the city and spread my wings.
I'm trying out a new church tomorrow. I've found some I'm interested in, but they either don't have a large young adult group, or whatever. We'll see how this one is.
-Christmastime!
Man, I love this time of year! Even though it's not snowing (everywhere except Florida apparently haha) and it's not super cold, you can still get in the spirit. Right now, I'm laying on the couch with my little Christmas tree lit, Christmas music going, and my holiday scented candles filling my apt with an amazing aroma.
-My job
I can't explain enough how much happier I am here in the ICU at Jax than in the APU at NNMC. I love the people I work with and they're so knowledgeable. I'm learning a lot so far...it's been a long time since I've done some really good nursing. The patient load is so low that I have time to really take good care of my patients. They're also going to start redoing our ICU next summer and apparently wanting to expand it to a real ICU (not just the open bay 6 bed unit we have now. hehe).
-The Navy
Nuff said. I'm a dork. I love the Navy. So happy to be in a Navy town.
-Going to start flight school soon
Just gotta order my ground school online stuff. I'm kinda waiting to get all my Christmas shopping done first. Hopefully, I'll start getting up in a plane by March or so.
I watch the news channels and I see how difficult it is for so many others. I've looked at hands on jax, which is a volunteer organization. I need to go up there in person and start volunteering around town. I just feel so lucky that all of these difficult things that are happening to others aren't happening to me. God has been amazing and He's continually blessing me. I just have to pass it on to others.
1 comment:
Kick Ass!
Post a Comment