Thursday, January 26, 2012

Relax said the nightman, we are programmed to receive. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. - The Eagles, Hotel California

Check out is almost complete! I got almost all of it done today. Tomorrow, I have to go check out with one office (that is only trying to keep me on their list longer for no reason), pick up my medical record (they had to make copies and they send the original to my new command), and get my last fit rep.

Today, I got to be there to say bye to my dept head, LCDR Jago, who is leaving the ICU for a manager position in the internal medicine clinic and I also got to see HM3 Parilla's reenlistment ceremony! I love all the folks in the ICU. HM3 Parilla is an amazing sailor. She's a single mom takes care of her teenage daughter and her ill mother, while running the enlisted personnel in the ICU and taking classes to begin nursing school! I wish I had her energy! She is seriously an amazing person.

Tuesday, I will go in to get my orders stamped and Cameron and I are leaving Jacksonville! We can't leave Florida without going to Key West and taking a cruise...so we're doing both before we leave for Japan.

This is his first time dealing with a military move and it's an overseas one at that! A regular PCS will be nothing for him! haha. We've had movers 3 times come. First one, was our shipment to permanent storage (the stuff that will stay in the states until we get back), then one of our household goods to Japan (which has already arrived in Japan! woot!) and then the other day, they got our unaccompanied baggage shipment! That was the stuff that we want soon after we arrive in Japan. Now, I'm living with only a handful of items of clothes, etc....and no furniture besides some air mattresses and our "rockers". Cameron asked me if it is normally this hard. I told him not at allllll. Normally, they pick your stuff  up right before you move, you drive to wherever you are going and then they deliver it. Done! haha. None of this, "crap...I need to keep sweaters for when i arrive in Japan....and bikinis and tank tops for the cruise....etc etc" but I can only take so much on the plane with me. Ah well. it will all get there!

I was going to wait for him to arrive to look at homes, but forget that! I want to start looking right away. If I can manage it, maybe I will have all our household goods delivered and our home kinda set up before Cameron gets to Japan in late March/early April!

This will be the longest we will be apart...but it might be good. We both have goals of going to the gym and eating better. We both eat pretty good stuff, but are both tempted to eat bad stuff and the other one won't stop us!

I am just so excited to experience another culture. I was talking with another one of the docs that just found out he is going to Okinawa and we are both doing Rosetta Stone and discussed that. I'm great at saying "Otokonoko hashite imasu", but when am I going to need to say "the little boy is running" that much? I need to work on it more. I'm still just in lesson 1, module 1....sheesh.

This weekend, Cameron is driving up to take another round of stuff to Bob's in Tennessee. Mostly, his camera stuff he doesn't want to leave in the car while we're vacationing. I'm going to dinner with some friends in a bit and then dinner tomorrow night with some other friends, an improv night downtown and a sleepover with one of my girlfriends! :) I'm glad to have some girl time before I go! These girls have been so awesome here and I'll love looking back on our time together in Florida.

I also need to take more photos. I guess because Cameron always talks about having fewer quality shots over hundreds of lame shots...I just don't take as many as I used to. I used to flood my facebook with tons and hundreds of photos and I think I just need to be more selective now. I will take some of the trip and blog about it, but I will try and just pick the best ones to share so it's easier to look through.

I will try and be more on top of updating my blog and I also need to write more in my personal journal. I hope this move will change that. No tv shows to waste my time on and more self exploration.

So, here's to checking out and moving on! Next stop.....the Keys!


1 comment:

Courtney said...

LOL @"the boy is running"

Maybe there will be a police chase on the street and you can scream that out. Love it.