Monday, September 21, 2009

If I can't have you right now, I'll wait dear. Sometimes, I get so tense, but I can't speed up the time. -Patience by Guns N' Roses

Time just seems to be dragging. Just to torture me. Every day, my patients ask when I'll be PCSing or how long I've been here and where I'll be going. I talk about Jax all the time. Even Twilight is rubbing it in my face. Reading about how Bella's mom loves Jacksonville. I'm pretty much ready as much as I can be at this point. I will need to follow up with the housing dept and see what day they will come and move me. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about packing and actually moving. I just oversee the movers and then enjoy the day driving down with my dad.

I'm glad I already have my apartment set up. It's quiet on a small pond/lake and it's so quiet! I love it. I'm so ready to get away from all the noise.

I've also been having horrible headaches. I've never had headaches....they won't stop though.

This past Saturday I went to Busch Gardens with a few of my small group girls. Sunday, I ran the Navy 5 miler down by the Pentagon with Jessica. We got to a long stretch uphill and while I wanted to stop and walk, I looked to my right and realized I was looking at hundreds of tombstones in Arlington National Cemetery. I can't run a 5 mile run and yet these men and women lost their lives probably running up hills with body armor and being shot at. It really makes you push through and realize how lame your complaint is about the pain. We ended up making a time of 49.26. I'm proud of that! I normally run about a 12 min mile...just a slow trot. We made it right under a 10 min mile! That, and also going up hills. I never run hills. I need to work on that. Jess and I are now looking to run the Breast Cancer 1/2 marathon in Jacksonville in February. Gotta get my butt in shape. It's a step though. Only 5 months since I had my fasciotomies and it was my first run. God was there pushing me on.

Answers to prayer. One of the civilian nurses in the APU came up to me last week to ask about the hospitals in Lubbock, Texas. She had a friend who's son is going to Texas Tech and had his appendix burst and had to return to the hospital 4 different time for complications. The most recent one she was talking to me about was that he was now having fluid around his small and large intestine and it was looking like he was developing a small bowel obstruction and possible ileus. They were going to take him in to surgery that day and she asked me to lift it up in prayer. I had some time before my shift, so I went into our locker room and sat down and prayed about it. Normally, people say they will pray for someone, but get busy and never get around to it. Well, I wanted to make the time and actually do what I was saying I'd do. I prayed that they would get in there and that whatever they thought the problem was, that it wouldn't be there and they'd be able to let him heal without anything invasive in the surgery. The next day, I checked with her to see how it went. Amazingly, the guy got into preop and suddenly had bowel sounds return and it seemed like whatever had been the problem had already cleared up before they even had to sedate him. They didn't have a need for the surgery anymore! God is amazing. Things like that just make you stop and smile because you know His hand was involved.

That's my short update for now. I'm just in a holding period. I've already checked out mentally from Bethesda. I need to get out of here.

No comments: