Ah. An update. Well, here is goes.
Dad flew up. Movers came. Checked out of Bethesda. Got in the car and headed south! I wanted to stop in Wilmington, N.C. to take some pictures were they shot scenes in Dawson's creek. I'll pause for you to laugh. Anywho, I decided to leave earlier out of DC, so we got there in the middle of the night. Dad drove back and forth through Wilmington so I could sleep and then we were going to take pictures when the sun came up. I got inpatient, took some in the middle of the night (but didn't realize I didn't have a card in my camera and my transfer cord is ruined...so they're stuck on my camera). Then, we headed on and had breakfast in Charleston, S.C. I was so ready to get to Florida. By the time we hit the border of the state, the roads and sky opened up for us!
I checked into the command and went on house hunting leave. I'm now in an apartment in southside. Convenient to everything! I can't believe how fast I can get around on the freeway here! I forgot my car could go fast. I was always stuck in traffic in dc and don't ever think I got over 50 on the freeway. I'm bound to get a ticket soon. I can't control myself.
I got my stuff a week later than I was expecting it because the driver had a family emergency. Poo. I did get my things though and in a matter of just a few days, have already unpacked everything and it almost looks like a complete home.
I have a large blank red wall in my living room and one large blank wall in my bedroom that I'm wanting to fill, but I don't know what with. I don't want everything to look cluttered though. Please send any thoughts my way!
I also have an official "office"! I have a desktop computer again, too. I forgot how much I liked having one of those. I'm going to get a futon for my office, but I can't make up my mind what color. Ahhh.
Anywho, there is plenty of room here and lots of places for people to sleep (esp once I get my futon) so everyone must come visit! You'll love it. I'll post some pictures and try to get a video posted of me walking through the apt. We'll see if that works....
2 comments:
I hve an idea for your blank wall(s)! Last time I was in Hobby Lobby I saw these stencil-like words that are removable. They have Bible verses and quotes... All kinds of stuff! You should take a look! :)
DOMO!!!!
Can't believe its been a year.
Post a Comment