Tuesday, November 10, 2009

All my single ladies!

Just gonna complain for a minute. I was going through and reading up on friends blogs and I noticed a few of them had these cute little "tickers" and thought...well, I don't have a kid and I'm not married, but I can count how long I've been an officer in the Navy! SOOOO, I go to their website http://lilypie.com/ and my options are "pregnancy", "baby, kids and birthday", "trying to conceive", "adoption", "breastfeeding" (OK! No clue why you would ever want a ticker for that...but some people just feel like telling the world every minute of their life), "memorial", "anniversary", "wedding", "vacation", "pets".

LAME! No single girl tickers? What about "last glass of wine" ticker or "stayed out all night because I didn't have anyone to answer to" ticker orrrrr "I spend my money the way I want because it's MY money I earned to play with" ticker....


Seriously? A "breastfeeding" ticker? Some people really need a life.....


Then, I go to try and find a "military blinkie" at this site http://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkies/Military/ and they're all like "I lovvvveee my soldier" and "Airborne's Girlfriend" and my favorite "Army wives do it with hooah" (hahahaha). Seriously. No blinkies like "I kick a** because I'm a sailor" or "Ya, I'm a woman, but I still serve" or "No, my boyfriend/husband/fiance isn't military, I am!"?

Lame.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I hear ya. Tickering breastfeeding sounds pretty gross. I wish they did have a blinkie. Yours sound good. Maybe you should submit them somehow. Love you!

Mama E said...

The breastfeeding one is a little personal. It's hard as crap though, so I'd be proud of it too! lol

Unknown said...

Candace,

Hey it's Gerald the Army guy (the one you nursed back to fighting health lol) from Kuwait last year. Please give me a shout at (931) 217-7448.

Yours,
Gerald