Sunday, November 15, 2009

There's no exit in any direction, except the one that you can't see with your eyes. - Bob Dylan, Series Of Dreams

I was just thinking today about how hard it is to let go and trust something. We talked about this in church today. it is very hard for us to trust. Other people, God, etc. I kind of relate it to my GPS. In dc, I knew a certain way to get to the airport through downtown along the Potomac. Well, one night I left to go pick my dad up. Now, I had my GPS set up, but I knew which way i wanted to go. It kept instructing me to bypass the interstate and go through Georgetown! Heck no. All those traffic lights? No way. Even though my GPS has a traffic thing on it to warn me of slow traffic and it kept redirecting me, I didn't listen. I kept on my track I knew. it was at night, dark and rainy. I wanted to go the way I knew! Well, I got on the interstate and dealt with traffic and then went down Cabin John Parkway until we all of a sudden came to a complete stop and there was a line of cars! Well, little did I know, that this road was blocked from traffic into the city during certain hours. I had taken it before, but it wasn't in the evening rush hour. SOO, I was going to have to figure out a way around. Well, when I got up to being second in line to go around the detour, some cops drove through and opened up the road. Hallelujah! I had some other obstacles and my dad had to wait a little at the airport, but it taught me a lesson. Just listen to the GPS. You bought it for a reason and it can see everywhere.

The same is true with God. he could keep telling me over and over to go a certain way and he would keep saying "recalculating" and show me other options to get where He wanted me to go. I would continue to be stubborn and go my way into a big ole mess. He probably wishes some time that he had a whale that could swallow me up and take me to where He wanted me to go. I'm kinda glad that hasn't had to happen!

God's taken good care of me. I really think that this is where He wants me. At least, I'll just keep doing this until some other door opens up that He wants me to take.

I am so happy about my move to Florida. I've been so stress free after moving here! The sun shines all the time. People are so friendly. The hospital is much slower and I don't dread going to work. I had one patient the other day and got to sit in on rounds with the docs and take the whole day to dedicate to really understand what was going on with this patient. If I had been on my med/surg floor, I would have had her with her complicated medical issues and 5 other patients. I don't know how I used to do it.
I think I may start to like Florida a little more than Texas......no wait. I still love Texas with my heart and soul, but this place ain't much worse! I def don't miss home as much. It already feels like home here. Now, to just get mom and dad to move here. hehe. :)

Right. So, anyways. Trust God. He knows what He's doing.

Proverbs 3:5 & 6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Psalm 32:8 - I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.

No comments: