After that, I went over and picked up my uniforms from the NEX and then headed to the Chapel for LCDR Sierra's retirement ceremony. I was flag detail again and as much as I complain about these things that take up my free time (even though I'm the one who volunteers for them!), I really do love those ceremonies. It truly is an hour or two of celebrating dedicated service in the Navy nurse corps. I love hearing the sea stories, watching the videos and hearing how other nurse corps officers did 20+ years in the Navy.
I know I've talked about the passing of the flag before, but here's a video from youtube to show ya. Normally, you'll have someone stand in for every rank that the retiree has held. This ceremony looks like they just did every couple ranks, but either way you get the idea. Listen close to the words.
They have since added a few paragraphs that mention September 11th. It's very moving.
Alrighty, off to field day the apartment and maybe a nap. I'm sleepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment