


This past weekend Cameron, my friend Courtney and I all set out on a road trip in our blessed yaris up to Wilmington, NC. Our friend, Stacie was getting married on a battleship on Saturday. (Love watching Naval officers get married!)
The trip up was pretty long and torturous for me because I had worked Thursday night and didn't really sleep much on the ride up. I did enjoy rocking out to old high school and college mix cd's. I had the strangest mix cd's. It would go from a Dave Matthews song, to NSYNC, to The Doors, to Beastie Boys. I didn't have any flow when I put them together.
I'm slowly beginning to throw them away. There is no use for mix tapes or cd's. We all have ipods, right? Pandora also.
Anywho, the wedding. So, we got in Friday late to the hotel in Wilmington and enjoyed (choked down) a couple glasses of wine in the hotel bar. Saturday morning, we ran errands, got ready and headed to the wedding. We took a taxi over so we could just enjoy the night. Stacie and Dave had their wedding on a battleship in Wilmington! They even included their 4 (or was it 5) dogs in the ceremony! It was a beautiful ceremony and there were so many other nurses I've known along the way that were there.
The reception included dueling pianos! There was a lot of singing, dancing in front of everyone and drinking. ;) They had an awesome photo booth set up that we thoroughly enjoyed.
Following the reception, we went out in downtown Wilmington. Now, see, you have to understand that my favorite coming of age television show, Dawson's Creek, was filmed in Wilmington, NC. Apparently, I didn't stop talking about the show all night and got into it with one bar patron who thought I was lame for liking the show. haha. We stumbled upon an area that I recognized from the show where two of the characters had their first kiss! Cameron was a good sport and took a pic with me to recreate the moment!

And if you reeeeeeeally care to see the clip of the show, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRsKJQMEwgQ
After we got back to the hotel, we went across the street to chow down at Waffle House. Then, we got the added bonus of seeing a few guys (and one girl) come in dressed in ghostbuster's costumes. They were even driving the ecto 1 car!
Dawson's Creek and the Ghostbuster guys? I LOVE Wilmington!
This week Cameron is up in Tennessee with his dad cleaning out stuff from his home and working on my car. It's lonely here without him, but I'm working nights this week and tonight is my only night off, so I guess it's not so bad. What is bad is that I'm addicted to scary movies, even though I'm terrified all night while watching them, and since Halloween is coming up soon, all sorts of channels are showing creepy stuff!
Why do I torture myself by watching this alone? Patton will protect me. :)
I really need to do a better job of keeping up with this. I've been watching a few of my friends get very active with their blogs because of big things going on in their lives. It's so exciting to see my friends adding to their family, travel to other countries, move their whole life to another area of the US and transition out of the military and settle down somewhere! I'm glad a lot of people are blogging again!
No comments:
Post a Comment