Saturday, March 3, 2012

No direction toward a goal of something meaningful and right. It's no wonder the kids are angry, violent, uneducated, alone, wasted, waiting, unchallenged, bored. - Grey Cell Green, Something Stupid

I want to put out there what my goals are for my time in Yokosuka.

Japan, to me, seems to be a place I really want to start fresh and create some balance to my life. It can't be Feng Shui or Chi's, because those things are from China, but for some reason just being in Japan makes me want to cleanse my body of stress, frustration and instead grow and learn from being in another culture.

Professional Goals:
-Apply to DUINS following this tour
-Study on my own time (maybe study again and actually take the CCRN? Maybeee)
-Perhaps start some graduate classes in nursing education, nutrition or study some sort of homeopathic medicine program

Navy Goals:
-Be more active in the wardroom and command
-Perhaps even try for a position with the wardroom
-Work on maintaining a positive attitude and encourage my junior sailors

Physical Goals:
-Get to the gym! Get in a routine
-I'd love to get in some classes, but with 12 hr shifts, it's so hard
-Sign up with a physical trainer in 2 weeks to get me started
-Tone up my body and lower my resting heart rate
-Try and cook more at home and look into highly nutritious meals and try some superfoods!
-Keep up with the vegetarianism as long as I can. So far, so good.
-Walk as much as possible to train, to work, etc. So far this is happening for sure! My calves are sore!!

Mental Goals:
-De-stress!
-Find some yoga or meditation I can do to relax
-Go to the gym for massages on base. They have some amazing Japanese women that perform some cool massages! (Maybe I'll do this tomorrow....)

Marriage Goals:
-Maintain good communication with Cameron
-Try and be supportive and not questioning or frustrating with him
-Explore and take trips as much as we can in Japan
-Remember every day how much I appreciate him and value him as a husband
-Every day write down one thing that I love about him or that I appreciate he did or does for me (once we get a house, I think I'll get a whiteboard or some place I can put this up)
-Make sure not to bother Cameron during times he is working, so he can stay focused

Other Personal Goals:
-Study my Japanese. Rosetta Stone, my hiragana and katakana flashcards and Japanese books.
-Try and speak Japanese as much as possible outside and learn from the Japanese people
-Start sewing and scrapbooking (as soon as I get in my house and get my things delivered. I'll have my own room for this!)

Looking at all of that is overwhelming, but I think this is possible. If you don't have goals, then you won't get anything accomplished. It will be easier when I move out of the BOQ with cable and into a home with no TV. I'll have to occupy my time with something else.

Tonight, I have already looked at online graduate programs, worked with my flashcards and rosetta stone. I also made a good meal from food I bought at the commissary.

Coming back and re-reading this post will be beneficial as well. I hope that all of you can ask how these goals are going down the road and encourage me as well.

No comments: