I have had a rough go so far here in Japan. It has been a very difficult transition. Things are SO complicated to get done. Buying and registering a car takes going to probably 10 different offices. Renting a house is just as complicated. The paperwork is endless. I've been without my hubby. I was spoiled at my last command and had tons of time off. Here, I will be working at least twice as much because of extra things like mandatory command PT, NOD duty and training.
Here's the thing. I need to suck it up. There are huge benefits of being in the Navy. There's a reason there are added benefits to being stationed overseas. It's a lot of work.
I need to get my big girl panties on and quit bitching. This is going to be a good command. This is going to be a good command. I just have to keep repeating that. I will get a lot of experience here. As NOD, we may have to respond to emergencies all over the hospital, so I'll get more exposure to the ER and L&D. We'll be doing conscious sedation, medical transports out in Japan, after hours recoveries, med/surg patients and caring for ICU patients by ourselves with help from a corpsman.
I want to be an example. I need to drop the negativity. Watching Navy medicine videos help me remember why this is such an honor to serve in this branch. I really do love the Navy in my heart. I just have to keep tough.
I REALLY miss my coworkers back in Jacksonville. Way more than I thought I would. They were such a fun group of nurses and corpsmen. I hope to goodness that we pass paths again soon!
Taking care of myself and working out the stress helps. I just signed up with one of the trainers for personal yoga lessons once a week. I think that will help me focus and clear my head, at least for an hour. I have to teach, teach, teach the corpsmen and have them learn something from me, or else I haven't done my job. I think that really helps me feel better.
That's all really for now. More updates later. There is a lot going on these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment