It's time for an update.
Professional goals:
-Still planning on DUINS after this tour. I think I'll be set up quite nicely. After a few months of "what am I doing?? What program should I apply for??", I came back to realize...Med/Surg CNS. The same program I've wanted to do all along. It's the specialty that isn't highly specialized. I've always enjoyed med/surg. I feel like you get a good range of patients, you're helping them become independent to go home and it's the jack of all trades specialty.
I want to teach some day and this, to me, is the best option. I also can get certificates in holistic nursing, wound care, education, etc. I would love to do wound care and incorporate holistic/alternative medicine in with it.
There is a hospital in Ft Worth using aromatherapy for patients and I think it's awesome!
-Now that I'm on nights I'm able to study a ton. I am studying for some exams this fall. Really nervous about those, but I gotta just study and do it.
-Plan on starting some graduate courses next spring after I take the exams this fall.
Navy goals:
-It has been hard at this command. I feel like I've gotten off to a rocky start, but things are getting better.
-I'm trying to have a positive attitude.
-I've been teaching a few classes here and there at work.
-I should be eligible for LCDR right after my tour here, so I gotta buckle down and get some good fitreps in!
Physical goals:
-I've been with a personal yoga trainer and I have 2 sessions left. It has been great to learn to stretch and balance like that.
-On night shift I'm able to get some working out done in the middle of the night in our physical therapy room.
-We do walk a bit when we take trips to Yokohama or Tokyo. I have to admit I drive the car to work mostly, but it is because it takes half the time and I usually carry a lot with me to work.
Personal goals:
-I still haven't gotten a massage! I need to do that!
-Yoga helps some, but I don't tend to do it on my own, so I need to work on that.
- I have made some great friends already here and I'm so sad that some of them are leaving this fall. :(
-The stress has been an issue. I'm working on it....I still haven't gotten in a groove here and I'm not sure how I fit into Japan. More to come on that later.
Marriage goals:
-On nights it's easier to let Cameron do his thing. I have to allow him to go work on his photography and not bother him. Now that I have some good friends, I just need to go spend time with them when I'm not with him. It will keep me distracted.
-Our communication has grown big time here. The first 2 weeks were probably the hardest of our marriage. I don't know why, but we were just off sync. We grew through it and are in such a good place together here.
Other personal goals:
-I haven't been scrapbooking really. I need to go buy a table that I can put the sewing machine on. I just don't seem to have time for this stuff somehow. I love my own hobby room though. i have my own space to do whatever I want.
-I have made it through all my hiragana/katakana flash cards and know those entire characters. now, to work on some of the kanji. That will be hard. I won't learn all of them, but I want to study the major ones that are used a lot.
-I haven't been working with my rosetta stone as much, but now that I'm on nights, I hope to try that out more. It helps when I use it though, so I just need to keep at it.
We've also made some Japanese friends here, which is interesting. As I'm writing this, I see I still have a long way to go, but I have learned some things. I'm beginning to grow. It's a hard adjustment, but I know here in another 6 months or so, I should have made more advancements.
New goals:
-Make an oustanding on my PRT this fall
-Get out on my own more and explore
No comments:
Post a Comment