Friday, June 8, 2012

I'm gonna hire a wino to decorate our home, so you'll feel more at ease here and you won't need to roam. - David Frizzel, I'm Gonna Hire A Wino

I moved into our house before Cameron arrived. It was February 23rd. I am JUST now feeling that the home is set up enough for me to take pictures and share them! I was unpacked pretty soon, but just feeling like everything was put together took a long time.

Entryway- Take off your shoes! it's in the lease! :)
We have plenty of space for them in our shoe cabinets!

Add caption

Living and Dining room


Looking into our tatami room. The previous renters put a pad and carpet down to protect the tatami so we left it. Right now, we're mostly using it for bicycle storage. haha. We'll probably be buying two more bikes soon. Cameron's orange one needs a ton of work to it and my bike doesn't have any gears so it won't work on all the hills here. :( 

Tatami rooms can be used as a dining room and then closed up and futon opened and is used as a guest room. If you come visit, you can stay in here! We close up all the walls and you have a room!

This is what our tatami floors look like without the carpet. they are VERY fragile and expensive to replace, so we will probably leave the carpet. I, actually LOVE the tatami, but Cameron is afraid of messing it up. We'll see...
This kitchen is not like many Japanese kitchens. We actually have counter space and TONS of cabinets! That's why I loved this house! No oven if you notice. Only a fish grill. Maybe we can grill some veggies in it. We have the convection oven.

More counter space! I LOVE it. I'm going to miss our house. We haven't had that much space to cook with at all before our move here.



Downstairs bathroom. i need to make a video of this thing! it's awesome! The sink is outside of the bathroom, but I actually like it where it is.

Both Cameron and I have fallen UP the stairs....and hurt ourselves. I don't know how we did it!

My office/hobby room/yoga and excersise room!

My balcony. Very relaxing. :)

Master bedroom. The bedrooms in our home are very big for a Japanese house.

Cameron's office. J/K! He wouldn't let me put up the photo of his office. It's quite messy. We just have different tidy genes. It's his room. I have my own room to escape in. If he can work in the messy room, whatever. I have to let it go. He does have his own office though, so we each have a "work room". :D
Main bathroom and shower room upstairs. The mirrors even have a button to keep them from fogging up!
Yes. Shower room. It's AWESOME! You have a whole room you shower in and then you soak in the tub if you want. You can't use soap in the tub because it has recirculating heaters, but their idea of bathing is you clean off first and then soak. I love it. I'm REALLY going to miss having all that room to spread out and stretch.

then, these. We found these at Hard Off (kinda like a thrift store here) and they are awesome!

Cameron says they are perfect for me. I guess I'll have fun with it.



That's all. Finally got photos up of our house. You can see pictures of the outside on previous posts. It's so much fun to be in a house vs an apartment. I haven't lived in a house since I left for college in 2002. I don't think we could go back to apartments after all the stuff we've gathered. haha.


4 comments:

Courtney said...

I love it! Those monster boots are "you." lol

lo said...

Wow Candice! This place is the opposite of everything I have heard about Japan. HUGE!! You must love it!!

lo said...

I will be getting a tour when I get there right?? :)

Candi said...

@courtney: right??? Haha. You can find all kinds of stuff at hard off!

@lola: of course you will get a tour! You're right. Most homes and apts are very small. The newer ones are larger, esp in my neighborhood. I'll be able to help go to the real estate offices with you and help if i can. I walk farther to a train being in a new, big home, but i think it's worth it!