Bikes! Cameron and I shipped our bicycles from Jacksonville here, but we really didn't foresee all the traffic and hills and all the other joys of riding differently in Japan.
One good thing is that so many people ride bikes and walk in Japan, that people in cars are always looking for them. It is a lot safer in that aspect.
It just feels more scary. I don't like being close to cars, especially on a bicycle.
The hills are rough to ride up. I don't think I have regularly rode on a bicycle in my entire life. These kids start riding bikes and continue to into adulthood and even as they become older.
I want to be in better shape. I want to ride up the hills without becoming winded. . . just like the Japanese do. They hardly break a sweat and I'm dying. It's pretty embarrassing. It's hard now, but in time it will get easier! Everything healthy and good for you is tough in the beginning, but pays off in the end.
So, my old Schwinn wouldn't make it up and down the hills, so we got me a new one. It's kinda sporty, kinda lady like with a bell, basket and wheel covers so wet ground doesn't get on my pants!
This was our first adventure out together. We rode down to the water and went for a walk. It was such a perfect day for a ride.
![]() |
| I love in some of these that I can see myself in his sunglasses! hehe |
Then, for our 2nd anniversary, Cam and I went to Tokyo Disney Sea. It's a Disney park set up as "ports" instead of countries. It was a really fun day. Maybe we'll go back again some time before we leave!
![]() |
| Another awesome thing about Disney Sea is the flavored popcorn! We tried Caramel Apple, Curry, Black Pepper. YUM popcorn! |














No comments:
Post a Comment