The light at the end of my tunnel: This weekend I'm going to see Lyndsy in Norfolk with Tanya! yay for laying around Virginia Beach! This month has been hell and I'm ready for it to be over.
My birthday was spent making a dying woman comfortable and fighting with her family. She made it through my shift, but I doubt she made it through the night.
Today was the first day I got to sleep in since last month!!! It was heavenly! Today, I might make it to the memorial day parade in dc and then a work bbq at a fellow nurse's place! I'm excited.
I went golfing last week. I really suck, but it was my first time on a course so I'm proud of myself. I started really improving towards the end! It was a blast :)
I missed seeing the President on Friday (he came to the hospital to visit all the veterans), but I did meet R. Lee Ermey!!! He's the drill instructor on Full Metal Jacket! I was sooo excited! That picture will come up later :)
I have my PRT this week. I'm so out of shape...I hope I can still do pretty good. It won't be anywhere near what I did at OIS. That was me in decent shape!
What else........um........ya. I don't think I'll be going back home much anymore. Leave was great and all because I got to see so many people, but it just brought back all these old memories that I've tried to leave in the past. It was just a huge jump backward, it felt like. I have a new life. A great life in a new city. I like to stay in this life. Visiting the past isn't too much fun. Everyone is welcome to come visit me here, but I just don't see myself visiting Texas as much anymore.
I've been thinking. We all know something is screwed up with this country when millions of people vote for the next American Idol, but only a small percent of them will vote for the President. I think we should set up the presidental race the same way. Have a season of it. Every Tuesday, or Thursday, or whatever....all the candidates can come on and debate and give speeches and every week we vote someone off. We can still have judges help push arguments and debates. We could all just call or text in. It would make it so much more comfortable and easy and you would really get a good idea of what the person stands for. Also, it wouldn't matter as much moneywise. All the candidates would be on the same page. I wish this was how it was done. Now that would be a television show worth watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment