Monday, June 4, 2007

Every night I'm lying in bed holding you close to my dreams. - The Eagles, Best Of My Love

Over the sea and far away
She's waiting like an Iceberg
Waiting to change,
But she's cold inside
She wants to be like
the water,

All the muscles tighten in her face
Buries her soul in one embrace
They're one and the same
Just like water

Then the fire fades away
But most of everyday
Is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say
I wish it were simple
But we give up easily
You're close enough to see that
You're.... the other side of the world
to me

On comes the panic light
Holding on with fingers
and feelings alike
But the time has come
To move along

Then the fire fades away
But most of everyday
Is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say
I wish it were simple
But we give up easily
You're close enough to see that
You're.... the other side of the world

Can you help me?
Can you let me go
And can you still love me
When you can't see me anymore

Then the fire fades away
most of everyday
Is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say
I wish it were simple
But we give up easily
You're close enough to see that
You're.... the other side of the world
Ohh.... the other side of the world
You're.... the other side of the world
To me.
~Other Side of the World by KT Tunstall


That's my favorite song right now. I LOVE KT Tunstall. Seriously. Love. I'm listening to her and enjoying a nice cold beer after an easy day at work. Our floor got down to 9 patients!!!


It was a wonderful day back after a wonderful weekend in Norfolk with Tanya and Lyndsy. We went to Virginia Beach Friday night and they had a beach concert. There was a navy rock band and they were amazing! Then, Huey Lewis and the News played! My dad was jealous. ;) It was a good time. Then, Saturday we spent the day shopping and hanging out on the beach. We found the same little place where we got margaritas last time and the guys working there remembered us! We told them we'd be back in a month. It's kinda fun to have a place like that where we know the waiters and bartenders and they can just sit down and chill with us. It doesn't hurt that they're cute too. One of the waiters has the most gorgeous blue eyes EVER! I never notice eye color for some reason, but I don't think I could get his eyes out of my head. :)


Saturday night the three of us went to an irish bar in norfolk and then Lyndsy's friend needed to go to the hospital so we went over to watch their kids. Well, they have a shed in the backyard that they turned into a bar. So.....we got very drunk and sang karaoke (they had a great setup for that) alllllll night. Including songs like: Guys do it all the time and In the Navy (I made them!)


Tomorrow, Tanya and I might go into dc to an outdoor concert for Hillary. We don't really have an opinion about her...but we got free tickets, so why not?? I'll go for the concert and see what she has to say.

So, LT Herbig (the division officer for our psych floor) has basically told me she wants me to work with her up on 7w. I'm so torn. I am very interested in psych nursing, but I need to get my basic skills these first few years and I won't really get those up there. Also, I don't want to get stuck on one area. The Navy is good at least at letting us switch a lot, so I would get many different experiences. I still think I want to nursing education. That was much more enforced today. Several of our older, civilian nurses were trying to do online training and doing calculations and needed help. They were trying to figure it out and I grabbed a piece of paper and did dimentional analysis (the way I was taught in nursing school) and showed them how to do it. They were like "how did you do that??? ahhhh....fresh right out of school. " So, then I had a little mini class and showed them all how to do it. One of the nurses even wrote an example and put it on the back of her badge so she would know how to do it in the future. I enjoy that. I love helping people understand how to do things. Maybe I get that from my dad. He got his masters in education. Also, if anyone wants to help the nursing shortage....become a nursing professor! They need them so we can get more nurses out there to work!!! That's why so many schools have to turn away students. It's sad. I think I would love to do that once I get out of the Navy some day. Plus, I would have some good stories for my students of far away lands.... :)



No comments: