Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I don't ever want to play the part of a statistic on a government chart. - The Police, Invisible Sun

D.C. is known as a high crime city, but at one of our military bases? http://www.nbc4.com/news/13535845/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

As if Walter Reed hasn't gotten enough bad press. I'm not sure why all these Army bases are using contracted security guards. I know our guards at Bethesda are Navy MP's. I feel much better that they are.

10 safest are on Left 10 most dangerous on right

1

San Jose, CA

1

Detroit, MI


2

El Paso, TX

2

Washington, DC


3

Honolulu, HI

3

Baltimore, MD


4

Austin, TX

4

Memphis, TN


5

New York, NY

5

Dallas, TX


6

Louisville, KY

6

Philadelphia, PA


7

San Diego, CA

7

Columbus, OH


8

San Antonio, TX

8

Nashville, TN


9

San Francisco, CA

9

Houston, TX


10

Fort Worth, TX

10

Phoenix, AZ


Is it weird that one of the safest cities (Ft Worth) is right by one of the most dangerous (Dallas)? So, I figure if I can survive DC, then I can live anywhere. Anywhere, except Detroit. haha. I still love this city.




Top 10 Best Educated Cities (highest % of bachelor degrees pop 5000+)


  • Stanford, California (94.6%)
  • Winnetka, Illinois (84.4%)
  • University Park, Texas (80.5%)
  • Scarsdale, New York (79.8%)
  • Scarsdale, New York (79.8%)
  • Glencoe, Illinois (79.7%)
  • Chappaqua, New York (79.7%)
  • Fox Chapel, Pennsylvania (79.5%)
  • West University Place, Texas (79.4%)
  • Bethesda, Maryland (78.9%) <-----That's where I work! Yay! I think it's because of NIH. All those scientists and whatnot....



  • Top 15 Cities with the Largest % of Males:
  • Baldwin, Illinois (94%, Median age: 30.7, pop. 3627)
  • Irving, Illinois (90%, Median age: 31.9, pop. 2484)
  • Ina, Illinois (90%, Median age: 33.8, pop. 2455)
  • Altamont, Pennsylvania (87%, Median age: 33.9, pop. 2689)
  • Carlisle, Indiana (86%, Median age: 33.6, pop. 2660)
  • Clifton, Tennessee (85%, Median age: 34.7, pop. 2699)
  • Dannemora, New York (84%, Median age: 34.0, pop. 4129)
  • Jessup, Maryland (83%, Median age: 34.3, pop. 7865)
  • Fort Dix, New Jersey (83%, Median age: 33.5, pop. 7464)
  • Sheridan, Illinois (83%, Median age: 30.6, pop. 2411)
  • Florence, Arizona (83%, Median age: 35.4, pop. 17054)
  • Groveland, New York (80%, Median age: 35.9, pop. 3853)
  • Twentynine Palms Base, California (80%, Median age: 21.1, pop. 8413)<---Can I say "next duty station"????? :) But, a bit too young!
  • Malone, Florida (80%, Median age: 37.2, pop. 2007)
  • Whiteville, Tennessee (79%, Median age: 32.4, pop. 3148)


  • Just some random city statistics. Don't have much to report. Last night I was cross-trained in the ICU. I don't think it's for me. You pretty much have to sit right there by your patient, and when it's slow...it's SLLLLOOOWW. At least on 5c when it's slow we can all go get coffee or goof around with wheelchairs, etc. This morning I went back up there and saw the clock on the wall had fallen down and was hanging by wires. When I asked what happened I found out they had been throwing stuff at each other and ENS Bartlett apparently threw something and knocked it off! haha. Man, I love my floor. This morning I went and worked out at the gym with ENS Brown and then played basketball with the corpsmen. It feels good to be back in the habit of working out. I don't feel as flabby.

    No comments: