Monday, June 18, 2007

Never entered any sports, didn't look too good in shorts. - Sparks, Beat The Clock

Yesterday was the 5 center work picnic. We grilled, hung out, drank beer, and played volleyball. Now, in my head I'm thinking....cool. Navy people playing volleyball and pictured Top Gun. Not so. And I've always sucked at volleyball and felt like I was upsetting people or something. It wasn't as fun as I hoped it would be. Hanging out was great....I just was in a funk during the game.

Let me back up. Lyndsy came into town. Friday night we went to a really fancy restaurant in Dupont and then out to Lucky Bar. Saturday, we went to the waterfront festival in alexandria...but because of track maintenance on the metro it took 2 freakin hours to get down there. It was torture. Then, saturday night we went to chinatown and ate at my favorite place...matchbox and then went to fado and found this cool bar Rocket Bar, where they have pool tables, darts, shuffleboard, etc. I played darts for the first time. It was entertaining. Sunday we got up, went and had breakfast at Einsteins and then drove around in dc and got lost. See, I really want to live down in the city, so I found a girl that needs a roommate in chinatown and we went to go drive by the apts. Then, got lost. All the streets are jacked up down there.

Then, we went to the picnic.

I feel that I should live down in the city for a little while since I'm here. If I was able to live in those apartments, I'd be within walking distance to the national mall and right by a ton of metro stops so I could take that to work. Or, part of me would love to get into a house setup here in silver spring. I don't know. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Either way, it would be nice to get a roommate. Also, so if I get deployed, I won't have to worry about my place. It would be looked after. A bunch of people are being deployed this year. I wish I was one of them. Oh well. I'd rather get more settled in here and have fun in dc and then go on a deployment next year or sometime after that. We'll see. This way, I also get time to get comfortable with nursing before I would go and do anything like that.

I start back on nights tonight. I think I'm going to take a few nursing books to study up on my down time. I actually read my books now for fun! Ha. Now, I can relate them to actual patients I have.

1 comment:

Tess said...

Glad to be back to catch up on your blog. Minnesota was a good time but looooong time away from home. I say go live in the city--you only live once!! Then I can visit you if I'm in DC!