I have two weddings to go to this fall. And, a high school friend just got engaged today. Another wedding to attend next May. In my favorite city. ha. Everyone sing.... all my ex's live in Austin.... and Austin is the place I really love to stay...butttttt all my ex's live in austin...that's why I hang my hat in DDDD CCCCCCC.
Okay, you'll have to forgive me. I just made some pasta and shrimp and opened a bottle of wine. It's flowin now! :)
Back to the wedding stuff. I've had it. My three major relationships in my past have all included wedding talk. And serious wedding talk. The last one and I even picked out the ring and looked at dates. And then...a few weeks later decided he didn't want to anymore. I'm not the one pushing it. That's what confuses me. I swear...if another guy tells me I'm all he wants in a mate and that he wants to marry me, I'm just waiting for the breakup. I know though that I'm glad I'm single now. I'd rather wait and make sure it's the right one than jump into getting married and then maybe realize later it's not the right choice. I have all these plans for my career, but I also want to have a family. I was reading about the President of the American Nurses Association and she's done all these amazing things.....and she's unmarried with no children. Hm. I just don't want that. I want to be successful, but also have a family. I hope I'll be able to balance the two later in life.
Tomorrow I am being sent to the American Nurses' Association Presidential luncheon at Walter Reed. I have to find my cover that goes with my summer whites.....eeeek. I have NO idea where it is. It'll be a nice several hours away from the floor! It's going to be a long weekend anyway. I'm excited about this lunch. Gotta run to find that cover in my tipsy state...... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment