Okay, I'm not sure what order these pics will end up in. I have some pictures on the way to Shenandoah Valley where you see them far off in the sunset, then some of us on the trail (and off....disobeying the sign!), some of us around our campsite, some at the Lurray Caverns, and then of us driving down skyline drive....yes. Those signs sayyyy 30 mph. Was I going 30? NOPE. Taking pics at the same time? Yep. Trogdor loved every minute of it!!! If anyone loves driving, they really need to drive around skyline drive if they ever get the chance! It was amazing. Oh, there's also a pic of me with the Appalachian Trail post. We walked on that one for a while just to say that we were on it. Maybe some day I'll actually walk a long distance of it. I think it takes like a month or more to walk the whole thing. Crazy. It was sooo beautiful there. I'm used to camping down in New Braunfels, Tx and it's fun and all, but just not this scenic. Also, I remember it being hot and sticky. Up here it was cool! Perfect during the day and cool at night for the campfire. Oh, and when we got to the Appalachian Trail we found out we earned our Indian names. I was named "Sings Karaoke" which we then added on the front of it "do do do....sings karaoke". Jim, we called "Spots Red Clover" because he was doing that a lot to try and show Tanya the butterflies. (there were tons of them. and HUGE ones). Tanya, of course, was called "Chases Butterflies" and we added on the front of that "Sharks tooth...chases butterflies". Inside story. Lastly, Phil earned the name "two dogs f-ing" coming from a joke that he told. Around children I called him "Two Dogs" just to keep it clean.
We sang campfire songs, made tasty smores, hiked alll over, met many other campers and learned a cool way to make omlets when you're camping, and learned to appreciate the superlog!
Tons more to tell and maybe I'll post some more pics when Tanya sends me hers. She has a couple with the 4 of us in it. Those are good ones.
Already making plans for our fall girls weekend up there!
1 comment:
What a freaking awesome time you looked like you had!!! Again, Tess is jealous but sooo happy for you that you're loving it in VA/MD/DC.
Post a Comment