






I'm finally getting settled in my new place! I wanted to show some pictures. My room is very small, but better than I thought with all my stuff in it. It's actually quite cozy! I also just got my new laptop, so I'm blogging from my comfy bed with patton curled up next to me and looking at all the city lights outside of my window. I'm on the 16th floor of this resort like apartment. My roommate is gone and out of town a lot, so I have only seen her one night since I moved. She's pretty cool and we get along great. I can't wait to go shopping for our living room tables. I think she's going to order the dining room set so we'll have a little more furniture in a bit. My room is fixed. I have a lot of little things lying around that I want to get rid of....it's just that since I had my own place before, it's hard to consolidate all my crap to one room. Well, I've started putting some things up in the living room. It's all coming together slowly. I also have a washer/dryer in my bathroom, so no more walking to another freaking building!!! I've been down to the hot tub a few times to rest my sore muscles after that craptacular move. I went for a long workout today and that felt good. It's so nice that all of this stuff is right downstairs. The guys at the front desk and the valet personnel are so nice and accommodating.
Shawn was in town this week. I didn't get to do too much with him because of work, but we did get to go see DC some and I got to take him to Matchbox. I take everyone there. It's soo freaking good. This time we got the mini burger appetizers that everyone talks about. I think I could eat those straight for years and years. I have never had such amazing burgers. Why have I not ordered those before??? Well, I will now. Anywho. Let's see.
Thanksgiving was okay. I was at work, but then when I got off I went to ENS Smith's and then ENS Conrads. One after the other and ate way too much food. We played a short game of taboo at Smith's. That was a riot. What else??
Going to Norfolk this weekend to see Lyndsy. I'm trying to take these two days off to just sit and do nothing. I haven't stopped moving physically in a few weeks. This is really nice.
Only a few more weeks and I'll be home on leave.
1 comment:
Your apartment looks spectacular (opposite of craptacular...)! Love the view, the gym, the hot tub! Movin on up--just like George (Jefferson)!!!
Post a Comment