*Walking down the street with my grande white mocha in hand, the wind through my hair, and all the noise of the city blocked out by the music in my ipod, passing people on the sidewalk, and realizing we're all part of the big plan.
*Seeing a patient who had been kinda down, finally smile.
*Being charge nurse and helping out the nurses and the corpsmen on my floor.
*Teaching some of the young corpsmen that want to learn things about nursing and medicine.
*Driving to Norfolk, or Philadelphia, or some other fun city to explore.
*Seeing the balance on my retirement fund go up! :) Countdown to retirement: 18 years, 8 months.
These are all the moments in my life that I get a little natural high surge through my body. I have to stop and think about it and realize that in fact I am a grown up. I am a commissioned officer in the Navy. I did do it! I did what I wanted to do for years. Every day I grow stronger and bolder. It just amazes me sometimes. Life has never quite seemed so amazing, surprising, and open as it has since I joined the Navy. I'm so grateful that I really went through with it.
Okay, I probably sound like a hallmark card. The whole, "I'm high on life" thing. I'll change the subject. I've been really busy lately. I can't really even tell you what all I've been doing. Mostly, work and packing. No free time for anything. I'm going to get really good at packing and moving. I'm moving now to North Bethesda, then I'm probably going to be moving my things out in May or June if I get on that deployment, then move it back in when I get back from deployment, then I'll be PCSing less than a year from that....That's a lot of packing and moving. Home is where the Navy sends you! :) Maybe I should just invest in a good air mattress! haha.
So, my roommate is freaking awesome. She's a defense lobbyist. This week she's planning a big dinner party thing in DC and when she called yesterday, she had just gotten off the phone with the secret service! That's crazy. This is the most interesting city I've ever been to. So many interesting and important jobs. People are actually changing the world that we live in.
I'm moving back to days at work tomorrow. I haven't been on days since May. Yep, 6 months of nights. I'm not looking forward to it. Oh well. I guess it'll be a nice change. It's going to be busy though.
That's my update for now. Off to go back down Trogdor. You know, I can fit a ton of my apartment in my little lancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment