I can't get off my butt. Someone needs to come get me off the couch. I at least managed to go work out and then shower. Now. I'm stuck. I'm just watching the CMT country music awards rerun. Country music always gets me in the mood for summer.
I really have nothing to talk about. Nothing do to. I'm taking today to sit. I was up at work Mon-Wed and then I work Fri-Sun. This is the only day I get to do this.
Soooo...
"I sing songs about Texas. Sing them often as if they were some old lover..."
CMT keeps taunting me by showing commercials for Texas. It makes me sigh and think about being back in the good ole republic of tejas. Yes, we're a strange state. Our state stone is the petrified palmwood. Did you get that? Our state STONE is actually petrified wood. Hmm. In Lubbock, more than 3 unrelated people couldn't live together. It was considered a whore house. It was also a dry county. I did have fun driving out to the strip though. Here's a commercial about a funny law in Texas:
Here's another good video:
Sigh. Can't wait to get stationed in Corpus. That would be such a beautiful station. I miss the Texas sunsets...and I'd have the beach. And a dog! haha. Ahhh. And then, when the day comes and I retire, I'll buy some land and live out in the country. I'm kinda mad that I didn't take advantage of all the Texas country singers that would come to Lubbock when I was there. I wish I could go back and listen to them all.
Nothing is really happening right now. I'm working a lot, volunteering, hanging out with friends or my small group, trying to get into dc, and starting on deployment paperwork. After some work with Senior Chief down in contingency and my department head, I have found out I am finally on the list for Kuwait this summer. It'll be a great experience if I do indeed deploy. We'll see. I'm preparing, but I don't want to get too excited yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment