Monday, April 7, 2008

When all you've got to keep is strong, move along, move along like I know you do. ~Move Along by All American Rejects

Again, summer is coming up and you know what that means? All my coworkers start PCSing. That means, a lot of them are about to move on to their next duty stations. I think what is hitting me hard is my two favorite corpsmen are leaving me! HM3 Woodson was the first corpsman I ever remember working with. He's going to OR tech school at the end of this month. HN Spignardo is going to be moving to....oh shoot, I think he's going to Bremerton, WA. I had this picture of the three of us when I first started as a navy nurse back in the fall of '06:




Compare that one of the three of us to one I just took today:


Did I grow some??? I don't seem as short. Man, I'm really gonna miss these guys. I told them we have to meet up on the west coast some time. I know Spig is gonna become an officer and I'll see him again and then I'll actually be able to get to know him and his wife better. Woody, who knows. I can see him staying on the enlisted side, but doing pretty good. I'm not sure if he wants to stay in or not, but I think he should. Then again, I'm biased. OR Tech school should ensure that he'll have to stay in for a few more years. haha.

Let's see. Woodson leaves this month. Spig next month. Me in June. This is hard. Everyone comes in and out of your life. They're there for a short time, but make such a huge impact on you. I'll never forget all these guys I'm working with. This has been such a great duty station after all. I found out one of our earlier corpsman, who left for respiratory therapy school, is now stationed in Yokosuka (where I want to go next). That's awesome....so seeeeeee, it's a small navy and I will see a lot of people again!

Also, you wouldn't believe the awesome billets that are open for nurses right now. For ltjg's/lt's there are a TON of hospitals open right now. Big ones, small ones, clinics...etc. Great places too: Japan, Spain, Italy, Charleston, Seattle, etc...Also, there are a ton of operational billets. There are about 6 ships looking for nurses (that rarely happens. it's so hard to get on a ship normally). You have to be a LT or LCDR though. Some day. Not today. There are also some spots open for field medicine and officer training in R.I. Damn, it's a fine navy day. ;)

God has been so amazing in my life. I can't thank Him enough. I don't deserve to have such a smooth life. haha. There have been the ups and downs, but overall, the down times really taught me a lot and helped me get to all the ups.

No comments: