I seriously have some great people in my life that look out for me on deployment! I got a package from my brother and his family yesterday with Christmas cookies (that were soft and delicious!) and wrapped presents (probably my only wrapped gifts). Then, a package from Kerry with a Christmas tree and ornaments, stocking full of goodies, including a necklace and hat that light up and santa socks! I set it all up last night and I felt at home. I have my own little Christmas tree next to my bed, complete with a stocking hung on my mirror, presents under the tree, and my dog laying next to it. :) The best part!! I don't have an angel to put on top, but I got a Texas Tech ornament from Jim yesterday and it's at the top of my tree. See the guns up?? Hells ya. (even though we were dropped to the Cotton Bowl and they didn't even advance Graham Harrell to the finalists of the Heisman....bitches.)
I got other packages from Bethesda's Nurse's Association and some other company's care package and my parent's sunday school class. I put a lot of those decorations up at work. It looks more like a mexican fiesta with all the random tinsel and colors everywhere. Nothing matches and it's all just thrown up sporadically. It's still fun and brings holiday cheer! I thought I need to be as corny as possible.
It's starting to get pretty cool at night. I have been wearing my desert jacket over my camis to work and I think it's only in the 50's. haha. I'm going to just die when I land in DC in January.
Gotta get to sleep. I have too many things on my mind. I'm leaving in about a month. A lot is going to change. I'm leaving a lot behind here. It's kinda like a moment in space that will remain here locked away, but almost never really happened. I guess I keep thinking some things in my life were going to look up when I went back, but I have a feeling I'm letting my head set me up for a fall. No need to describe more on this. It will only upset me. Typical.
But, lots to look forward to, nonetheless.
2 comments:
Wow, the sheer amount of evergreen trees in the middle east. Who knew?
Now I don't feel so bad for not sending you a Christmas package :)
Post a Comment