Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Your life planned carefully, but you left out one detail. The hidden hand deals just one round, and winds of change prevail. - Jefferson Starship, Win

Ah. I'm home. I've wanted to write so many times, but have never had the time. I'm making the time. I'm also going to make this short and sweet.

Said goodbye to EMF Kuwait



















































Had breakfast in Amsterdam (yes, that's Heineken and Jagermeister)


























I moved back into the Grand

























































Went to the inauguration












































Visited with the folks and went into DC a lot












































Got to get back on the slopes and took a girl trip to Wisp!









































Shared my hookah from Kuwait with a few fellow nurses who were also deployed last year


































Started back at work.
(don't have pictures of this...ha)

Bar hopped around DC with a really cool couple















It's been a really nice couple of weeks. Now, it's back to work. I'm not sure what I think of the APU. I feel like I end up working 10 hrs every day anyway, but I don't get as many days off as when I was on 12's. I need to just give it time, but I don't feel like I get to do a lot of bedside nursing. It's more paperwork and routine. We'll see. I'll continue to pray it will be the right place for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice hookah! I see that you got one that has an adjustable air intake valve (the mark of quality and utility). Good design too!

I saw the two snowboarding videos that you put up on your youtube account. I've never been snowboarding.... hmm...