It's been a few weeks and I had my routine breakdown. I just get home and start thinking of all the things I need to do and plan out my calendar and get overwhelmed.
Tues: before work, go mail Lyndsy's package at the post office. Then, work til 5. Hair appt at 6:15. Small group at 7:30. Sleep.
Wed: Just work (Thank goodness), but during my day at work I need to
-schedule my PDHA (since the girl is never in the office when I walk over there!)
-call this company online and figure out where my GPS is that I ordered (their callers are only available during the hrs I'm at work. nice, huh?)
-Finish my leave paperwork (since it wasn't "routed up the chain" correctly, I'm now having to wait while it sits on my dept head's desk)...oh, and just this one sheet of paper requires a TON of leg work around the hospital.
Thurs: Early meeting at 0700 with the Deputy of something or other.....I have no idea who chose me for this or why, but I guess it's a good thing. Another new experience and more face time. Then, work 9-5.
Friday: Work 9-5 (also coordinate the visit of my lady friend from the cystic fibrosis office to come and recruit walkers for my team at 10 and 2.) Friday night, SEE TANYA! I never see any of my friends anymore. :(
Saturday: Museum and lunch possibly, then meeting up with a friend from out of town that I haven't seen in almost a year and then going to a concert in Alexandria.
Sunday: church, clean apartment, do laundry, church
DO it all over again.
Nothing is easy. As I was speed walking all over the freakin hospital trying to get my leave chit signed, I kept thinking about how if I was a civilian nurse, I wouldn't be dealing with this. Then, apparently, I can't leave it in my dept head's mailbox. It has to be in a blue folder. I'm not sure what conctract this blue folder company has with the Navy, but they are doing their job! The blue folder makers will never run out of business with the Navy still intact. I'm not sure what a blue folder does to a leave chit, but whatever.
My first dept head was awesome. He would have us fill out the leave chit and he would do it all! He would get the R status stamp, sign it and get the leave control number! The next one had me run around and do it all myself, but usually was cool with me getting a copy and sliding it under her door. This one wants it in a blue folder and routed "correctly" through my divo.
Then, there is the nurses slide show. Last year and this year I volunteered for it. I always think it will be easier and I will just be able to run around and snap a few photos and have fun throwing it together. Nope. Never that easy. There is always more I want to add or should add and I still have to fit the video to 5-8 min or so. PLUS. I'm going to be on con leave for almost all of April. Not sure when I will get these pictures of everyone. Why do I volunteer for this stuff? It's never a simple little video that I just throw together.....
Also, worrying about what our church young adult group can do for a mission work in the city. I have to help with our international lunch we're having later this month. I just don't have time for this stuff! I love being involved in church and lately have been doing this more and more, but it's starting to add another pile of stress.
Not to forget to mention the cystic fibrosis walk. I'm an IDIOT and not only volunteered to walk in it, but volunteered to run a team! What on earth was I thinking???? I have to plan to have the woman from the CF office come talk to nurses at the hospital to recruit walkers since no one signs up when I send them email links.
So, right now it's all just looming down on me. I'm going to give it Jacksonville. I'm going to give it another duty station away from Bethesda. It's just too big and too overwhelming. I can't keep going at this pace. I'll never lower my blood pressure (which, yes is already a problem and I'm only 24) or find a man. haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment