Thursday, March 26, 2009

Try to enjoy the here and now, the future will take care of itself somehow. - Howard Jones, Life In One Day

Ever since I learned the difference between a ricer and a rally car, I've wanted one. The sound of the subaru engine is in my head. I can hear it. The deep rumble.

I had an sti rally book in Kuwait. I got to read the story behind the rally car. It was really interesting.

Signing the papers for my lancer OZ, my heart was racing. I had never bought a big purchase like that and I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle it. It was meant to be a practice stick car. Basically, a sporty little compact to practice driving a manual transmission until I could get a faster car. I paid off Trogdor in Kuwait. Now, I came across THIS SUBARU (see the link for the autotrader ad). I wish I never had. So, the pros and cons of buying a 2007 subaru sti.

Pros:
-The price. I can't find a 2007 sti for this low of a price with this low mileage.
-Timing. I'm single. I don't have any major things to pay for. I'm not getting married or saving for babies or anything....no family. Gotta have fun while I'm single before it all becomes about my family.
-It's even black. My favorite car color.
-It's fun! and fast....
-I had an ex tell me I couldn't handle such a fast car. You all know how I react when a boy tells me I can't do something.
-Why wait? I can afford it. I should have fun while I can without any regrets. I don't want this chance to pass me by.

Cons:
-It's a total want. I love my current car....and Trogdor is paid for.
-I can have more money for fun toys on the side. (And sure, savings too. haha)
-Possible speeding tickets.
-Large increase in insurance (However, I turn 25 in May, so it will go down...)
-93 octane gas

In the end, I'm going to probably weigh the options over and over again until the car finally sells. haha. Either that, or maybe they will keep reducing the price and I can buy it in a month or two. I know I'll be the responsible one and wait.

Maybe if the Navy pays my school loans this fall when I apply for our program or maybe when I pick up O-3 next summer.

Geez. I don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm buying the wrx as soon as I can. Subaru is nice....

Oh crap, I forgot you were 24... hahahaha!