Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!" -LT Howll Forgy

Okay, so the quote was someone in the US Navy during WWII, but I thought it was a good one to use for an Easter post.




Combining two of my favorite things. Texas and Navies. I'm currently reading (well, started a few months ago, but haven't had time to read in a while) a book about the Texas Navy. It's pretty interesting because it's something I didn't know anything about. I had no idea about the things that happened off the Galveston coast between the American, Mexican and Texan Navies. Just thought I'd throw a short video out there...if anyone else is interested. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the Texas Navy was a Texas Marine Corps. Here's a blurb about it:

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/RR/qjr2.html

Looks like they reference: Alex Dienst, "The Navy of the Republic of Texas," Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association 12–13 (January-October 1909

Might be an article you're interested in as well :)