Monday, May 10, 2010

May Visits

This month is quite busy and so far...I love it! Usually, late Spring at Bethesda turned into a crazy, stress induced time for me. Nurses week. PRT. (almost always ended up on nights), etc.

This May, so far has been relaxed and I've been able to catch up with some family and friends. My uncle and his girlfriend came to visit me. He's been wanting to take a road trip on his motorcycle for a long time and I suggested he come see me in Florida when we were visiting over Christmas. Well, he did! It was a great chance to visit with them and get to know them a little better. I had a wonderful few days.

Then, I took a quick trip up to Illinois to visit my brother and his family up there. It's always crazy when you hear your aunt say "you're soooo big" to you and I tried SO hard not to do that....but they are SO BIG! Katie's voice has even changed. She's sounding so much more adult. Looking at her room and looking at pictures of her lock-in and friends just reminded me of when I was 14. It seems a lifetime ago and then again it seems like yesterday. So many things changing. It was a really fun time in some ways. I cherish my times I had with Tessa, Kyla and Katie when we were running around playing "airplane" in my front yard. That was a nice short trip and honestly, the easiest air travel I've had since I joined the Navy! It helped that I only did carry on and I flew in and out of small airports.

Next, Shelley is coming to visit me this weekend! I can't wait for my best friend to come see Florida and get some much needed time away from all the craziness that is her life. That girl is movin' non stop. We can just go out and lay on the beach all day and I'm sure she'll be content with that.

It makes me so happy to have this time, even if it's a few days here and there, to see old friends and family. I don't really get homesick anymore (thank goodness), but I do miss the people that I used to have around me on a daily basis. I'm just so thankful I live in a time when I can stay up with people on facebook, blogger, skype or jump on a plane.

Wonder who else I'll see soon....

No comments: