Thursday, June 17, 2010

"I love you like a fat kid loves cake." ~50 Cent

I'm on leave in Arlington and I'm headed back to Jax on a flight tonight. I've had a great visit and I'll talk about that at a later time. Right now, I have to get this out. Over the past few years I've been changing. Changing the way I look at household goods, stores, food, etc.

Today, I watched Food, Inc. Wow. Fifteen minutes in, I was crying. I don't cry much more at romantic movies....but ones about food....I bawled my eyes out. I don't think we realize what we put in our bodies. Obesity, diabetes, heart disease......food driven! You may think that you're saving money and therefore, enriching your life, but you are killing yourself. I am amazed that people would rather save money than enrich their bodies. I've been doing the same thing. I've been going to Winn Dixie because I can save money on my gas. Now, I've been trying to pick and choose there things that are fresh, cage free, organic, etc...but it's just hard to get it all that way. I'm done. I'm done trying to save money by compromising my health. Jacksonville has a local supermarket, Native Sun Natural Foods (www.nativesunjax.com ) right down the street from me. I'm going when I get home. I can't wait to talk to the workers, learn about their store, get to know my community and hope to spread the word that there are stores out there that are looking to heal and enrich human bodies.

Look at what it is doing to our country. Children are becoming diabetic at an alarming rate! Why do you think that is?? What has changed? Our food.

I'm a passionate person, as many of my friends know....and I think I am slowly becoming more passionate about this. A few extra dollars is worth your health and wellness. Please, listen. I'm learning and continuing to change. In no way am I perfect or eat the right things all the time. I need to learn how to socialize and eat out and still eat responsibly for me, farmers, animals and our earth.

We can all work to improve food for the next generations to come.....

www.takepart.com/foodinc

No comments: