God's timing is just crazy.
Back in early 2008 I realized I needed to get back to church after a long hiatus during college. I did some searches online and came across 242 at First Baptist Rockville. I found the page talking about the girls small group. I emailed the leader and she invited me to one of the weekly small groups and the second I walked in the door I felt welcome.
Well, this was the weird thing. They were just starting a lesson on small groups. They had decided they would spend a few weeks really forming a foundation to the group and decide what they wanted their goals to be and their vision for the future of the group. We all thought it was kinda strange that I happened to show up right as they were starting over in a sense.
I ended up growing close to those girls and I miss seeing them every week.
After I moved down here to Jacksonville, I tried a few churches and then entered Christ's Church. I had grown up Baptist, so I wasn't sure how to handle a "non denominational" church, but I loved it. I was also really drawn to the fact that went I entered their Bible Study I was automatically welcomed by everyone. They even asked me out to dinner that afternoon!
Well, I didn't realize it, but apparently that Sunday, which was the first Sunday in 2010 marked the beginning of the new leaders in Revolution (the 20's single group) and their "starting over".
I just think it's so interesting that I showed up to both of these groups on the exact day of their "reboot". I have been so back with church because of such a busy spring and summer with scuba, travels, work, etc....this fall should be a little more smooth. I'm hoping to make it to more of their group outings. I really enjoy the people in Revolution!
God's timing always makes me smile.
I know I haven't updated in a while. I haven't been up to much. Texas in June. North Carolina in July.
Today, I went up to work and did some quick videos for the ICU skills fair tomorrow. I figured making a video in which I can just press "play" would be much easier than saying the same thing over and over. I had a fun time playing with it on windows movie maker. I think I missed my calling to be a film editor. I love that kinda stuff!
This week, I switch back to nights. Not sure what I think about that. I haven't had much luck with nights in the past here. I'm hoping to get some study time in. I'd like to take my CCRN (critical care registered nurse) exam at the end of August, but I still have so much to review still.
When I fit it in, I've been hanging out with my girls here. I've gotten to know a few of them better and I'm so excited because two of my friends that I worked with in Bethesda are moving here to Jax next month!!!
OH! Duh. I didn't mention that I finally got my lasik done last week. It was awesome and I can see so well! No glasses. It's amazing. The doctors were shocked as well. I'm one of the higher prescriptions that they have seen.
1 comment:
Always good to shock the doctors! You'll get your CCRN before mee. Jealous!!
Post a Comment