A lot has changed in my life over the last month. I was promoted to Lieutenant. I moved over to 5 points in Riverside to an incredibly awesome neighborhood with lots of stores, restaurants and nightlife. I also met the most amazing man I could have ever dreamed up.
I find it so funny when I look back. When I wrote that last post in August, I was single, independent and pretty comfortable with where things were in my life. Then, I got an email from someone who changed my whole world. The first date was just coffee. That "just coffee" first date was 4 hours long! :) I wasn't going to see him right away....but then the next day when I called him....I really wanted to see him. We've spent so much time together over the past 29 days and to us, it seems like we have been together for years and not just a few weeks. How is that possible?
On one hand, it feels new, exciting, perfect....and then at the same time, we feel comfortable, honest, secure and relaxed in the relationship. There's no jealousy, no worries or fear about military life and what that can throw at us. We're realistic about how our relationship at times will be very hard and almost seem impossible at times, but we want to do it. We're making that conscious decision to do it.
I really do feel incredibly lucky that I have found someone who is so mature, calm and keeps me relaxed.
I could go on and on, but I'll save you from it. It's just been something that I never expected, but I'm so thankful to God that He brought us together.
I want to include one of my favorite quotes and then I'll move on to something else:
Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being in love which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
-- Captain Corelli's Mandolin
Now, let's see. What else? Not much. Work has been kinda slow lately, but I think I'm gonna start buckling down and start my studying back up for the CCRN exam! I kinda stopped with all the moving and craziness that was September. I need to get my butt in gear. I also need to start working out again...since it's PRT season! eeeeik!
That's all, really. Things are going really well, just now starting to calm down. Every weekend I have been working or moving or have had someone in town, etc. Everything calms down just in time for me to start nights. Woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment