Thankfully, I have the most amazing fiance who keeps me grounded when in my head I start to stress. Especially when I stress months in advance. My classic "man, I'm so stressed.....I know that March is going to be crazy!" I really need to calm down and take things one day at at time.
I've gotten a lot done for the wedding. My goal is to get as much as I can before January. Right now, I'm mostly thinking small details. The big stuff is taken care of. I think for us it's pretty simple because we're pretty simple. I knew exactly what dress I wanted. My cake appt took 15 minutes and she told me I was the easiest bride she had worked with. I think the most important thing is just standing with Cameron and promising to love each other the rest of our lives in front of all the people we care most about.
It's easy to get wrapped up in details, but as I think about the details I just am reminded how amazing and beautiful our relationship is. I teared up today thinking about a year ago when I didn't even know about Cameron. I had no idea what was to come. When I was getting ready to move to Florida I had this huge feeling that I could just relax and let God fulfill His plan for me with my love life. He brought me Cameron. A man, who I absolutely adore, think is the most interesting man I've ever met and who has told me he feels that he honors God by honoring me. Is this real?
So, back to the stress. Work has been nuts in the past 2 months! We've been getting some sick patients lately. We've been writing fitreps, new SOPs, attending meetings for our computerized charting. In February, we're supposed to move to the new ICU, take our conscious sedation course, come in on our own time to do cases. In March, we have the go live dates for our computerized charting, PRT, uniform inspection. April is my wedding and honeymoon. Pfeww. May is my birth month. After that, maybe we can relax! I just miss the first few months in Jacksonville when things were laid back at work. I hope next I can go overseas and relax some.
I haven't even really done a whole bunch with Christmas this year. Cam and I did get a Christmas tree and I decorated the apartment a little. I've done shopping for my nieces and nephews and Cameron, but other than that, it's just tight with all the wedding stuff to buy much more. So, really all sorts of other things are more stressful than Christmas.
I need to stay on top of my blog more. Life can move so fast at times. I think my goal for the New Year is to take it one day at a time and just relax and enjoy every second. Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment