In junior high and high school, I spent a lot of time at the mall. I didn't have much else to do, but waste time around there. I remember there was a jewelry store on the corner right by the food court. I couldn't remember the name, but they always had a bowl of little red and white pins that said "I am loved". We used to run in and grab a handful of them. We'd put them on everything. I didn't quite understand how important those words can be and what that little pin meant.
Last weekend, Cameron and I went to pick out our wedding bands. I found one that is a solitaire guard/wrap, so it looks like all one ring. We made the purchase and I turned around to leave and I saw a big bowl of "I am loved" pins! It made me smile inside and I ran over and picked out a couple. The memories of running into Helzberg when I was younger flashed through my head. Now, 12 years later, I am marrying the man of my absolute dreams! I know what it feels like to know that I am loved. I had no clue that my life was going to take me down this road. This is the best feeling in the world. I was so happy to be single and I didn't think I was missing out on anything, but man, I was. The time alone was needed though so that I could grow up and mature. God was preparing my heart and Cameron's.
I did a search on those pins and found out there was a long history to them!
http://www.helzberg.com/category/about+us/i+am+loved.do
Such a small thing and it means so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment