Finally, on the day of my final night shift, I got the best sleep of my life! It had been a hellish end to the night shift before, so I was ready to get some good sleep. I came home, showered, put on comfy pj's, turned down the air real cold, took motrin for cramps and sleepy time, put the ear plugs in and mask on and curled up under my comforter.
I. Was. Out.
It was heavenly. I woke up to my alarm nearly 8 hrs later. I was so elated. Then, I realized I had to get up...but at least it was a full day of sleep!
Now, I'm at work. Counting down the hrs.
I want adventure. Come on, Navy. I miss the "It's not just a job...it's an adventure" aspect. This whole "Navy: A global force for good" just isn't as exciting.
The exciting thing is walking over to the new ICU. Holy cow, man. I'm going to take some before pics of the "ICU" I work in now....and then the new one, once it's finished. No one would believe they are the same hospital. Right now, it's like I like in horn/knapp at Tech and we only have 4 outlets on the wall to fit 2 phones, a mini fridge, microwave, chargers, computer plugs, printers, etc. Courtney and I's dorm room was a HUGE fire hazard. That's how it is here where I work. Each bed only has a couple outlets. This place is so old. The new ICU is beeeeautiful. It has 10 outlets on one wall of each room, alone! There are outlets on every wall! It's sad that this excites me. No more crawling on my hands and knees behind the bed to change out all the plugs. And. And! Each room (I like the sound of that...ROOM!) has a toilet and sink! WOW! No more bedside commodes. I really feel like it's going to change how we work and how we feel about ourselves.
Lab time. Gotta run! Then, it'll be updates on all my patients, residents coming in early, NOD reports and then change of shift and my home, my boo and my bed! Wooohooo!
1 comment:
It WAS a fire hazard!! That's why Felix the Cat clock committed suicide! He thought, "Why not just get it over now?? Why wait for a strong electrical surge??" lol
Post a Comment