Tuesday, April 26, 2011

With his blessings from above, serve it generously with love. One man, one wife, one love, through life. - Dean Martin, Memories Are Made Of This

I'm playing catch up! I thought the stressful part was the wedding, but nope! It's all the stuff that comes after.

Changing name, including military and doing everything out of state.
Adding Cameron as a spouse into the military.
Cleaning and organizing the house.
Wrote and reviewed vendors.
Write thank you cards.
Get caught up with work...now I have a new huge collateral with work and I have to do a VTC next month!
My birth month is May and I need to do all my appts and check ups.
Catch up on things I've been neglecting...like, car maintenance and improvements.

We're slowly checking off things. I'm getting there slowly. I'm in between names. I can't change my military ID until DFAS comes through and changes everything and I see the change on my LES on May 15th. Sigh. So, on some things I'm Kline and some things I'm Kumpunen. I'll be so glad when it's all moved over. I have moved a lot of my online accounts and updated names and email addresses. I'm actually having a problem with my blogger account....but we'll see. Right now, I'm just signed up for an extra author.

First off, the wedding was fantastic! It was the perfect size (I was afraid it would be too small, but now I can't imagine if it had been larger) and it was so relaxed! The day was nice and calm. I got to spend tons of time just relaxing with the bridesmaids. :) The weather was perfect. I felt gorgeous and the dress. Sigh...my dress. I'm still in love with it. I did pretty good with not busting out crying. The part that was the hardest was walking up the isle. I had already done a "first look" with Cameron before the wedding, but when I got up to the front of the isle, I nearly lost it. I couldn't even smile with my teeth at that point because my lips were quivering.

It was a beautiful ceremony, beautiful venue, handsome husband and my friends and family present! The reception was hard! There were so many family members I needed to meet from Cameron's side. Many family members that came from Oregon, Washington, California. Then, my girls, who wanted me to dance. I wanted to dance too, but after a while of being out there, I missed Cameron. I wanted to have fun, but that was my wedding day. I wanted to be with Cam. You have to make sure you say hi and thank you to everyone and you want so badly to sit and talk with people all night, but you don't have time.

It was everything I wanted it to be! I wouldn't change a bit of it.

The honeymoon was amazing as well. We basically did a road trip across Oregon. We started in Vancouver, WA for the first night and I got to see a few places where Cameron worked or loved to eat at, etc. Then, we drove up to Mt. Hood for a few days of snowboarding. It was my first time ever in fresh powder. That was a bit hard to get used to at first....but I learned to LOVE it. It's so smooth. Cameron even got me to go over some jumps in the small park. It was so much fun. Then, we drove into Portland for a night and on to wine country and then the coast of Oregon. We stopped at a few small towns and air museums on the way. I learned that car rides and dark clouds are natural sedation for me. That, the time difference and exhaustion from the mountain made it very hard for me to stay awake in the car.

Once we got to the coast, we drove up to Astoria, OR. (One of my favorite stops! http://www.oldoregon.com/) We stayed at the Cannery Pier Hotel. (http://www.cannerypierhotel.com/) Then, on to Seattle. I think Cameron and I both saw that Seattle is a city we could really feel at home in. We loved walking all around, sightseeing, enjoying the waterfront, grabbing amazing sushi and heading out for drinks. I hope some day we can live there for a while. I really think we'd flourish there.

There is so much to talk about and so many wonderful and amazing side stories, but I just don't have time to cover it all!

I thought since I felt Cameron and I knew each other really well and that we lived together before the wedding, that not much would change after we got married. I've been pleasantly surprised! It feels the same and yet so much better! It does feel different. We are husband and wife forever. Neither one of us is leaving. We are more than 100% committed to our marriage. It's amazing that we are this good together. What are the odds in so many people that two people could match so well together?? I am on cloud 9. He's my husband. I never thought I could love someone like I do and feel the love that I do! Cameron is the most amazing husband and I truly never thought there was this amazing of a man out there, not already married. He makes me relax on the couch while he cooks (which, his cooking is delicious) and gives me foot rubs....and, he wants to take my picture.

This sounds funny, but I have always loved to snap pictures in junior high, high school, college. Well, I was always secretly sad that I never dated anyone who wanted to take a picture of me. Maybe that seems weird, but I used to think that was a symbol of how into me they were. Cameron loves photography, but he loves to take photos of me. I love to learn from him and shoot some of him, as well. It really makes me feel so special that he enjoys photographing me.

I'll go into me learning some more later. This post is getting long and I need to get to bed. I'm on nights and I miss my new hubby. We see each other in the morning when i come home and get in bed and he's running out the door. It's hard, but we'll have a good weekend together! We're driving up to Nashville to see Bob, pick up some stuff and work on the car. I'm looking forward to it. We enjoy road trips....even despite the gas prices!

Until next time....signing off...Mrs. Kline. :)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I lovvvve youuuuu. Your wedding was perfect!