Sunday, October 28, 2007

Must be the season of the witch. - Donovan, Season Of The Witch

Just about time for trick or treating. I found out I can dress up at work on Halloween. I need to find a costume stat. I thought about going as a nursing student and dig out my old scrubs. That would be comfortable and easy.

I came back from hot Texas to a cool DC. As I drive down the road I have colorful leaves raining down on me like snow. I love that. I love having real seasons. The trees are so beautiful when they change color. We actually even have a freeze advisory tonight. Crazy. I am so looking forward to digging out all my sweaters and coats....and then eventually my snowboard! :) The past few days were overcast and rainy. We hadn't gotten rain in so long. I actually loved that it was dark and dreary. I really think I would love Seattle. Yes, San Diego would be beautiful...but I really think after months of the same weather, I would get bored. Great to vacation at or stay a few years, but I need a place where you can see the seasons of the year. It reminds me how amazing our God is that can create such a masterpiece.

I have been doing charge nurse orientation last night and the night before. Last night, I was pretty much on my own. I didn't think I would like charge...but overall, it was a nice change! It was a lot of putting orders in and checking charts, but still. I was able to run around and make sure my staff was all happy and everything was running smoothly. Maybe I am set up for management. Hmm. I was still able to go make rounds around the floor and visit with patients and help out when there was a crisis. Tonight, I'm on the floor, but that's okay. I get a few days off.

1 comment:

Tess said...

You go charge nurse! You should be a little girl for Halloween so you can wear comfortable pajamas to work (ones you don't mind burning afterwards in case you get all that nasty ward type goo on yourself)! Student nurse costume....someone might mistake you as a student nurse and you'll have to do the complete bed bath--basin, soap and all.....Blahhhh!