Wednesday, October 3, 2007

She was standing by the Space Invaders, so I said, can I meet you later? - Ramones, 7-11

Starting all over can be hard. Jobs, new apartments, new cities, new friends, relationships, languages, computer programs, etc. I'm trying. That's the most important part. I've got to make the effort to get out there. It's tough. And fun at times. Exciting. Why is it we get so comfortable in the familiar and find it so difficult to try something new? I give it the "old college try"....but usually just end up thinking, "hm. That was fun. I tried it, right?" and moving on to something else. I'm such a complex character. I like change...and then don't...but usually opt for it anyway. I think I'm a wanderer. I can see if a hot billet opened up next summer/fall for Japan, I would jump on it right away and just hug everyone goodbye and leave. Not that I don't like it wherever I am, but I just tend to keep thinking there is something bigger out there waiting for me somewhere else. Then, I go there. Enjoy my time and figure I should move on to somewhere else. I have been keeping my plans the same though lately. Japan next, then either San Diego or Seattle for grad school. Whichever one I go to for school, I will probably try for the other one as my next duty station. Back to my initial topic. New things. I tried a new restaurant tonight. It's a seafood market by my apartment. It was okay. Slightly disappointed. I had built it up in my head. Maybe that's what's wrong with new things. I build them up to be something great...and when they're not what I think, I get let down and curse the new thing. Restaurants are a big topic as far as trying something new. I always take new people visiting to matchbox. My fav place. Brit likes Uncle Julio's in Bethesda, so when she picks, we go there. Tanya likes On the Border. Jess and I both like La Madeline's, so that works out!

Okay, now I'm just talking about nothing. It shocks me that anyone would even want to read this. Maybe they don't and I'm just amusing myself. I still figure if any of my friends back home want to see what I'm up to without having to call, they can check here. K. Next subject....

I'm finally going to the Black Cat tomorrow. It's a big live music venue place in DC that has bands play pretty much every night. I've wanted to go since I moved here last year and I have a free night tomorrow and someone to go with me, so I'm going. The bands that are playing sound great when I listen to them on myspace. The Blow and Saturday Looks Good to Me are playing. I wish we had an indie radio station. We don't, and I'm surprised being that I live in very liberal DC. wtf? There's one for college park, but I don't pick it up very well. Maybe I should look into satellite radio. Instead, I just end up clicking my money away on itunes. :)

No comments: