I got a "get out of jail free" card yesterday! We have planned morale trips every now and then and if you can manage to arrange your day off to fit in with one of the trips, you can go! This was the first one I got to go on. We went to Kuwait City and visited the aquarium and the marina mall.
The aquarium was actually pretty fun. It's right on the water and you can kinda see across to downtown where the Kuwaiti Towers are. It was kinda foggy outside though. They had some interesting animals and some damn good coffee! We sat outside by the water and enjoyed that.
Then, we went to the marina mall. That was pretty fun, I guess. It's just another mall, except more expensive. I did buy a couple long sleeved shirts from H&M here. I don't have anything for when it gets cooler.
We all had to do "rover" and "watch" duties. The rover got to walk around and make sure everyone was behaving and being safe. The watch people had to sit on the bus and watch our weapons. I got lucky and got to rove.
Dr. Saperstein, Dr. Minnich, the Chaplain and I all ate at this really freakin good Lebanese place. We were there a long time. Here, meals are an event and they don't rush you. I really like that.
Back to work today. That was the most I'll get of the outside world for a while...I did enjoy it.
Check out my facebook album for our mass casualty basewide drill and more from the Kuwait City trip! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2276328&l=569ee&id=16706036
2 comments:
Procrastinating on my paper... Great pictures! Need to write.... That bay looks beautiful! American revolutionaries and British forces... Damned good coffee, huh? We know where your priorities lie! Disparity of arms between forces leading to specific tactics and outcomes... Meals should be events. I agree! Lack of powder and ammunition lead to a specified of tactic of waiting for the enemy to close. This was facilitated through a developed discipline that was integrated when....
AHHHH!!!! I don't wanna write this thing!!!!
someday I will beat Jim to commenting on your blog...
but not today...
Sweet pictures!!!!!! I'm so jealous that I couldn't be there with you!! Gah! I have to get back to work, loves ya!
Post a Comment