Happy birthday, Navy! 233 years of tradition! :)
We had the navy birthday 5K today! I ran the whole thing and didn't stop. it's not that much, but 1K into it my shins were already on fire and tight and painful. I pushed through the whole thing. It was a great run and only made me want to do it more. I spoke with one of our ortho surgeons after the run and told him about the problems I have with my shins. He said it did sound like classic exertional compartment syndrome. He said he sees it all the time in Pensacola and that they could do the fasciotomy here and I'd be fully recovered by the time I got home! The only problem. I would have to be off work for a week. I gotta ask mamma bear. I'm kinda nervous. I'm also afraid the people I work with would think I was trying to get out of work. I'm not...at all! I just started to tear up at the idea that this problem might be fixed.
Bethesda always made me do the run around. I did PT for 6 months. Nothing. Bone scan. nothing. I can never get an appt for ortho. Plus! I have people all around here to help me. I wouldn't be living on my own. The ortho docs have enough time. I have a physical therapist that sleeps right next to me. It's all good. This would be a dream come true.
I even talked to Julie about it and we talked about training for the marine corps marathon in DC. Man....that would be truly amazing. It would be hard work, but well worth it.
I'm going to get dressed and go over to work and talk with my dept head about it. Hmm. I wonder what she'll say. I pray I can do this.
It's a beautiful day!
3 comments:
If I could ever enjoy running, then I'd be all up for training for a marathon. Now... working up to something similar in swimming would be crazy. There's a goal :)
'Nother thing that cool. Both you and Kristi have the prospect of fixing your feet/ legs. Kristi loves to run but can't with her feet the way they are. She has one foot fixed and healing nicely though. Once both are fixed, she's going to be running non stop. Something to talk about :)
I'm glad you have the possibility of getting it fixed. If you can, take the time to do so. They took me off the road to take Corporal's Course, a fundamental leadership course for NCOs. I was pissed! But! I learned a whole lot from it and it was worth it. Similar here, you'd only be off work for a week. That's beans. I'd go for it if the opportunity is there.
It's good to hear that you might be able to get that done :). I remember your shins hurting...
CANDI!!! I just missed you on gmail :(. I got your flowers they're beautiful!!! I'lm posting pics this weekend on facebook :)
Post a Comment