As his team raced onto the field, he gazed into the stands filled with screaming fans and wondered about the several thousand “cadets” from Texas A.&M. clustered in one end zone. They wear military uniforms and buzz cuts, holler in unison and stand at attention the entire game. “How come they get to pretend they are soldiers?” he asked. “The thing is, they aren’t actually in the military. I ought to have Mike’s Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you’re a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we’ll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that.” ~Mike Leach in 2006.
A great article about Mike Leach
Another one about Mike Leach and picking our new kicker!
All of Lubbock has gone crazy.Hotels are at max capacity for a 100 mile radius around the town. ESPN's GameDay team will be heading and setting up on campus. It's one of the biggest things the town has seen. I'm so excited for them. Lubbock and Tech has grown so much in the past 10 years.
We have a chance tonight. A chance to show the world that we're not just talk. We mean buisness. No one ever will watch our game, but they just hear about us and assume we're mediocre. I don't think that we are this year. Maybe our past hasn't shown how good we can be, but I hope we can show that tonight. It's on. It's going to be vicious. And I hope we don't blow this chance.
What I hate is that it's all or nothing. If we win...I'm sure they'll make excuses for Texas losing. The wind was in our favor, the refs were calling bad calls, the sun was in Colt McCoy's eyes. If we lose, they'll just say, "see. We always knew they were a crap team." Even though we're going up against the #1 team. It's so black and white with our school. I can't wait until people finally start to open their eyes.
Again. I hope we don't blow this chance.
Plus, I really don't want to lose this bet.
No comments:
Post a Comment