Thursday, April 16, 2009
Applause, applause, life is our cause. - Joni Mitchell, All I Want
This groundbreaking occurred when I was in Kuwait, but I watched it this morning. Gives me chills when he talks about the caregivers of the armed forces and how special they are. Things like this always remind me how extraordinary it is to be a navy nurse.
It's a long video, but you can just skip through and scan parts of it. The President starts talking right about 8 min in. It's the groundbreaking of the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda. (Done at our campus tower) At 18:30 in the video a cute presentation happens as they are getting ready to do the groundbreaking. Makes all the guests laugh a bit. You might look at that part.
They are closing the current Walter Reed hospital in 2 years and will be moved over to join with the Navy at Bethesda. There's a lot of craziness going on around the campus, but it's kinda exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment