Old Cowboys stadium in Irving. Yuck. Nasty roof. Bad design...there was a hole in the roof. There was no air conditioning because it wasn't closed, but it would trap the heat in...so it was always crazy hot!
New cowboys stadium in Arlington!!! Woo hoo! Dude. This place is MASSIVE. Beautiful, too.
These are just some random shots of downtown while riding with Courtney. I think Dallas is so pretty. I spent some quality time with Courtney and Shelley. I haven't seen either of them in almost a year. Way too long. I wish we could do this every weekend. They showed me some cute places in Dallas. We sat outside and enjoyed coffee, sun and good friends. I miss Texas.
I don't have pictures of Fort Worth this time. Everyone I know now lives here in Arlington or the Dallas side. We did stop by the Main Street Arts Festival in Sundance Square in Fort Worth, but my legs really hurt so I went home to ice and rest.
That was the beginning of the trip. It was weird. Today, I didn't even think about the fact that I had surgery almost 3 weeks ago. This was the first day, I hopped out of bed and was walking around and didn't even notice pain. They still feel "tight" and I can't move certain ways because of that, but no real pain anymore! It's been getting better and better every day. Thank you, Lord!
Going back home to DC tomorrow. Mixed feelings about that, but less sad than I have been in the past. I miss my friends in Maryland. They are good people. At least, I know I will be moving to Jacksonville in October and that makes it easier to go back too. I won't be there too long. I'm just not happy on my floor. I'm not challenged. I don't like the kind of work. Monotonous. It's all checklists, but no real "bedside" nursing. Ah well. This all makes me well rounded, right?? haha.


No comments:
Post a Comment