Reasons I got a cat:
-I don't feel like "walking" it
-it doesn't cry at night
-I don't have to sit and feed it
-No dirty diapers
-No picking up poop in general
-auto litter box. auto food bowl. nothing to do.
-soft, cuddly. gives me love when I want it, but doesn't bug me and demand time.
Now, since I got my patio furniture and I've spent every evening outside, Patton has been so clingy and needy! The second I walk in, he won't leave me alone until I open my patio door, then he will walk out and look back to see if I join him. If not, he will come back in and follow me all over until I go out and sit with him and brush him, etc.
I picked him up today by his front legs and looked at him eye to eye and told him this is exactly why I don't want children or a dog right now! He's supposed to be independent enough that I don't have to go out of my way to play with him, but when I do want him, he's there. What happens when your cat becomes co-dependent? I didn't think it could happen.
I guess it's kinda cute. Now that I have the wire up on my balcony so Patton can't get between the bars, I feel much better leaving him out there and not watching him.
I try and leave the windows open while I'm gone so he can watch the birds. Maybe I need to get some catnip plants for him to chew on. It's kinda like cat prozac. I need the cat whisperer. Maybe take him to a kitty shrink? Hmm.
Other news: check out my facebook photo albums. I had a great time this weekend. Nurses cruise on the Potomac, hung out in Bethesda and then Baltimore.
No comments:
Post a Comment