

Isn't Patton the cutest? I just had to put my baby on here first. Seriously. Sickening. Too cute.
May 20th, Jim and kristi came up to visit! They had never been to DC and thankfully, after living here almost 3 years, I've got the tour down! Here are quick pics of most of what we saw. I have 4 albums on facebook that cover it all...
Started at Union station.

Passed by the Senate Houses

Stopped at the Supreme Court



Spent a lot of time at one of my fav's: The Library of Congress

Walked around the Capitol



Observed the Smithsonian American Indian Museum

Another Smithsonian. The modern and classic Art Museums

Smithsonian Natural History and Science Museum

Old Post Office Pavilion


Navy Memorial


Another favorite! National Archives

I couldn't find a good pic for the next one...the American History Museum

Walked around the National Mall

Ahhhh....the tidal basin. I love it.

Jefferson Memorial. So beautiful.

Sketching...

The Roosevelt Memorial

Lincoln Memorial


WWII memorial. We even waded our feet in on the hot day. It was very nice. Pretty social gathering.

Ford's theater, where Lincoln was shot.

Portrait gallery in Chinatown

Oh, yes. Matchbox. I shared my beloved restaurant with Jim and Kristi and they were in Heaven.

The Building Museum

I had an amazing time with them. Also, smoking some hookah and relaxing on my balcony.
Then, off to Colorado to commission Shawn and watch him graduate from the Air Force Academy!
Look at this: This is the Garden of the Gods. Beautiful area where Shawn would go rock climbing, etc.

No sad face....this is the academy's chapel

Commissioning Shawn!

Shawn and the folks!



Graduation

Shawn walking up to the stage after his name was called. He got to salute and shake hands with Joe Biden (who did the speech).

Thunderbirds did a crazy, sweet show after graduation.


Pfewww. It's been fun. Then, after I got home, went to spend some time in Baltimore with Tanya and Phil for my bday. We went to Medieval Times and then Howl at the Moon (a rockin piano bar). It's been fun. I'm so glad it's summer. I've laid out by my pool, which is very nice. Getting a nice tan already. Life is so much more fun when the sun is out.
1 comment:
That picture makes me want to cuddle Patton...pretty darn bad! lol
Post a Comment