I start leave tomorrow night! I'm picking Jim and Kristi up at the airport! Man, I miss those two. They haven't been up here to visit in DC and I'm sooo excited. So many things to show them! I know I won't get everything. There is just too much, but I'll get the good stuff.
This week has been tiring. Three doc appts, including one filling at the dentist that was supposed to be small, but almost ended up as a root canal. It was in the very back left top of my mouth so they had a hard time getting to it. I'm still sore.
Patton seems to be high after licking my foot lotion off.....such a strange cat.
Tonight at small group we discussed our spiritual gifts. It really reminded me as to why I am a nurse. My top two were Mercy and Leadership. I tied those two. Then, it was hospitable. I love taking care of people when they are sick and can't take care of themselves, but I wish I would remember to share God's love more. I did that one week. We had our missions month and I really thought about being more vocal with my faith and had some great discussions with patients and their families. I've really been blessed with this small group. I am not going to want to leave them this fall. I've really grown a LOT in my spiritual walk since I started going there. I don't think I've been this strong in my walk in years. It's such a great feeling.
Anywho, gotta get sleep so I can run errands tomorrow before work and then pick up Jim and Kristi!
No comments:
Post a Comment