First, the shooting at the Holocaust museum. Whoa. Hard to find words for that. I can't believe someone could fathom that, but not much surprises me anymore.
Then, I don't know if you heard about it, but one of the metro trains crashed into another one. It was actually on my red line metro, the one I take to work. I'm on the other side of the line now, though. The crash happened right near where I used to live. It ended 9 people's lives. Roughly 70 people were injured. People who just thought they were on their way home to work and were ready to get dinner with their families. The day to day trek home and none of them could have anticipated it would be their last. Terribly sad and this hit close to home as well.

It's also been a sad week for our entertainment world. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson all passing in one week. It reminds us that they are all human and individual people, just like us. They live and one day, eventually die. They are lives that we all see from the outside and are intrigued and entertained and curious about....but in the end, we don't know them. We're still left wondering about the mystery behind the cameras.
Things around me seem to be dark and heavy, but thanks to God, things are pretty steady with me. I was on the early shift this week, so some days I worked out, one day had some of the girls over for daquiri's and pool time and yesterday went and saw a movie with Jess.
I had a great visit with Shelley and I wish she could live closer or at least visit more.
One of my friends found out that the navy is sending her to Jacksonville for OR school, where I and another one of our friend's will be!
I hope things start looking up for our nation. It's been a rough couple of weeks. We all just gotta keep our heads on straight and remember this is all temporary. I am so blessed to have a stable job, a great apartment, wonderful friends and an amazing family that always supports me! I hope to have these things for a long time and hold them close to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment