Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'm not a Buddhist, but Buddha's a master, I don't eat beef pork nor Diet Shasta. - Boogie Down Productions, Ya Know The Rules

 Cameron's dad came into town for 10 days and it happened to fall over Cameron's birthday. We took a day and went up to Kamakura to show Bob the big Buddha and walk around the city.

The birthday boy!


Hiding near the shrine in Kamakura

Getting lessons from Cameron on lines in a photo




I just loved this building

The big buddha. It's the second largest outdoor one in Japan.



Me and Bob

Cameron and Bob while we were waiting for the train

Torii Gate at the shrine

It can be overwhelming to visit Japan. Trains, loud ads in the stores, people walking into you on the sidewalk, nothing to read in english, long walks, small streets to drive on and confusing directions.

Bob did a great job at dealing with all the stresses of visiting here and I think he enjoyed it overall. He was able to see a bunch of cars and motorcycles he has only read about or seen on TV. It was so nice to have him in our house and have someone to wake up and hang out with, along with Cam.

It is hard to be away from family as I keep saying that over and over, but it's so much fun to be able to share this country with them when they come visit. It's unlike anything else I have ever done and so much fun to just get out and walk around. I can't wait for more people to come visit.

I was also so happy to celebrate Cameron's birthday. He is the sweetest man I have ever met and I was so happy to have the day to think about how grateful I am that he's in my life. :D











No comments: