![]() | |||
| Koutarou and Hiro's first time to carve a pumpkin |
![]() |
| Gotta scoop it all out! |
![]() |
| AAHHHHHH |
![]() |
| Yum! |
![]() |
![]() |
| Handing over the poker to Hiro |
![]() |
| Focused |
![]() |
| Oh, my husband. :) |
![]() |
| Koutarou cutting away |
![]() |
| Rich and Charles |
![]() |
| Rebecca, Hiro and Rachna |
![]() |
| Final product! |
![]() |
| They are such good friends. :D So proud of their masterpiece! |
It had been a while since we had a group of people over for a night, so we set up a day that worked for a lot of us and made it a "Halloween Party". We never got around to buying or making costumes, but we still had a slight theme going on.
Hiro and Koutarou had great hats and capes. I was so excited to see them embracing the holiday. I bought a pumpkin for them to carve and we went to town. It looked so good when they were done with it. Sadly, it is a puddle of mush, mold and liquid on our front step right now. I should really throw that away before things start hatching in it.
I really enjoy having a home that we can invite people over to. It gives me a chance to bake and cook some.
We had to cut the party out by 10pm or so, since we're all under an all military Japan curfew. Two reservists stationed in Fort Worth were in Okinawa for a couple days and committed a horrible crime and now all the military in Japan are on a curfew from 2300-0500. All active duty in Japan have to be in their homes during those hours. It really doesn't change much for us, since we go home pretty early anyway, but it's just annoying to have to think about.
I came up with some good costume ideas for next year, so I can't wait for this year to fly by so we can try them out!
Hope everyone else had a great Halloween!
















No comments:
Post a Comment